How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4500
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on misdemeaner probation in the state of ohio where my

Resolved Question:

I am on misdemeaner probation in the state of ohio where my dui occurred. I am a legal resident of Florida. My home is located in Florida. My p.o. is telling me that I am prohibited from going back to the state where I am a legal resident. Please help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 8 years ago.

If your probation officer is prohibiting you from leaving, then you should file a motion to modify the conditions of your probation with the judge you are on probation to. The judge if s/he chooses can then transfer your probation to Florida so that you can move back to your home state. If you were represented by a lawyer for the misdemeanor, you might want to contact him/her for help in filing this.


Good luck.

Hammer O'Justice and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you