How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4498
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi, i am on state parole for dui. i have been on for over three

This answer was rated:

hi, i am on state parole for dui. i have been on for over three yrs. and i would like to see if i can get off parole. i have not gotten in any legal trouble in the last three yrs., held down the same job and have been doing everything i'm supposed to do. is it possible for me to get off parole? and what would it take?



You can file a request with the parole board to ask for early termination from parole. There's no guarantee that they will grant it, but you can explain why you feel that you should be terminated from parole early.


Here is the parole board's website, which includes a contact address for them:|


Good luck.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

so all i do is send them a letter stating why i feel i should be able to get off of parole and that is it? i don't even need to get a lawyer?

Yes, basically you just send them a request to be terminated from parole early and supplement it with documentation about everything that you have been doing to show you are doing well in society. A lawyer could help in that s/he would know how to word it in a way that would be most effective, but is probably not necessary. Asking for early release from parole is somewhat of a long shot, but as long as you can articulate your reasons for thinking you should be considered for it, you would probably have as much of a chance being considered as if a lawyer submits it on your own behalf.
Hammer O'Justice and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you