J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer
Experience:  23 years as a trial lawyer with experience in criminal law.
6118667

Myself and 2 friends recently spent 4 days at my cabin in Michigan

Myself and 2 friends recently spent 4 days at my cabin in Michigan working and cutting wood. I had taken along my quad and my tractor in my truck my friend had my other quad in his truck. My cousins ex-husband had left his quad in our shed for about 2 years. We leave to come home on Sunday 10-12-08 every thing was OK..I spoke to our neighbor at the end of our right away and his driveway. I get a call from my father on 10-17-08 saying Pat (cousins ex-husband) is at the cabin and his quad and trailer are gone..The neighbor says he seen us leaving with quads and tractor and trailer. I hear nothing more from anybody until a Detective shows up at my house asking questions about this quad and trailer. He spoke to my daughter who informed him I was at work. He then drove down to my neighbors house and asked them if they new where I was. He then proceeded to look over my quads and my tractor. I have not been able to contact him. Should I seek legal help before talking to this Detective?
Yes that consultation would be advisable. You may not be in any trouble since you and your friends are witnesses to the ownership of the quads that you used in October; however, there may be more issues present so that a consultation with an attorney first would be advisable if there are any aspects that are unforeseen. Good luck.

I hope that I have helped you, answered all of your questions,
and that I have provided you with useful information.
Please ask more questions if I have not answered all of your
questions.

In the future, if you would like to specifically ask me a question,
you can ask for me in the body of the question.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice,
it is merely information. For a specific answer to your unique
facts you need to contact a lawyer in your area. I do not have
access to all of the information that a local lawyer has.
The only way that I am legally responsible for your legal rights is
if you have signed a written retainer agreement with my law firm.