How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9413
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I need an attorney for a public intoxication charge in the

Resolved Question:

Do I need an attorney for a public intoxication charge in the state of Arkansas. There was no violent or crazy behavior involved but I was definitely drunk. I am 42 years of age with absolutely no criminal record. I would like for this to be off my record when all is said and done. Will a public defender appointed by the court do the job?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago.
Yes the PD can definitely handle this.

Since this is a first offense you may be eligible for diversion.

The prosecutor regularly makes plea bargains, see

You or your attorney may be able to make a plea bargain that would not result in a criminal record.

Most criminal defense attorneys offer a free consultation. You can find one in your area in the phone book or at

Or just ask the court to appoint an attorney at the first court appearance, called the arraigment, at which you will plead not guilty.

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you