How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Susan Roberts Your Own Question
Susan Roberts
Susan Roberts, Judge. retired
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 716
Experience:  Retired state trial judge. Civil and criminal experience. 29 years legal practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Susan Roberts is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been informed by my friend, whom is incarcerated, that

Resolved Question:

I have been informed by my friend, whom is incarcerated, that because of a phone conversation, that I may be getting arrested. I live in Ohio and this concerns Michigan. They claim they have "evidence" which neither of us know what this could be. The possible charge would be conspiracy to deliver marijuana ???? I do not have a record and do not want one, what can or should I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Susan Roberts replied 8 years ago.

Good evening and welcome to Just Answer,


I can understand why this is upsetting to you. I suggest you have no further conversations, about anything, with the friend who is incarcerated. If you are contacted by police, do not discuss anything with them, no matter how irrelevant it may seem.


If you are arrested, and that seems doubtful, do not discuss anything with the police. The only person you should talk with about this is your lawyer, if you need to retain one.


I am sorry if this sounds harsh, but I believe it is the best way to handle the situation.



Susan Roberts and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you