How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2 weeks ago I was driving down a street and a 4 year old boy

Resolved Question:

2 weeks ago I was driving down a street and a 4 year old boy threw a rock at my car(BMW). I turned around and his mother came running out of their house and asked me if her son threw something at my car. I said yes, and I showed her the scratch on the door. She screamed at her son and called her husband from her cell phone. I got her name and she took my card and told me that her husband would call me and he did not. I went back to the house with an estimate for the repairs(380.00) and she told me to come back at the end of the week. I went back at the end of the week and met the husband who was very nasty but agreed to pay me in installments over the next few weeks. I left a message on his cell but he has not called me back. His phone service is a calling card and he does not always have enough minutes on it. I don't want to go back unless he has the money. How do I take him to court or small claims court? How can I get his last name? He agreed to do the right thing, but he
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
You are probably better off just taking him to small claims court. It will either be a City Court, District Court, or Town and Village Court. They will usually havea form you can use to file the suit. If they don't you can get a copy of another petition that was filed and use it as a guide.

You will want to sue both the parents. You can get their last name by filing a request with the post office using their address.

After you file the suit, there will be a filing fee, you have to have them served with the suit by a constable or process server. The judge will then give them a limited amount of time to respond and set it for a hearing.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you