How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask hocuspocusme Your Own Question
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 466
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
hocuspocusme is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a misdemeanor MIP, how can I get this reduced to an

Customer Question

I got a misdemeanor MIP, how can I get this reduced to an infraction?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.
You do this by speaking to the district attorney to reduce the crime based on this being your first offense. it is making a deal before it goes to court. It can be in lieu of fines and or community service or it can be in collaboration of community service and a fine. This will have to be accomplished throuh the DA and is only available to usually first time offenders.
hocuspocusme and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
How can I contact the DA? I doubt he or she is willing to speak to "just another kid with an MIP" Should an attourney be by my side when I do this?
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.
It is not neccessary to have an attorney to contact the Assistant District Attorney. Call down to the court house an arrange for either an appointment or to speak to them on the phone. You will have to be persistent though.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't know where you got your information but it was completely wrong. Here, you NEED to have your attourney speak to the DA for you, and there isn't a way to just ask the court to reduce the crime, it must be done through complicated procedures which usually involve a lawyer. I obtained this information talking to a real DUI/MIP lawyer whom I did not have to pay for...unlike your bogus advice. Definitely not satisfied here.