How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9366
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can i sue my parole officer for harassment towards me and my

Customer Question

can i sue my parole officer for harassment towards me and my family?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago.
Probably not. It is almost impossible to sue a government agent for any discretionary action, but it depends on what the parole officer did. If he assaulted someone, he can be sued. But just giving you a hard time is probably not a legal reason to sue him. Also, the law on liability of government agents varies from State to State.
<br />To answer your question I would need to know what State is involved and exactly what the PO did that makes you want to sue.