How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aaron Paul Your Own Question
Aaron Paul
Aaron Paul, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 41
Experience:  Attorney since 2003; Public defender for 30+ months with daily courtroom experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Aaron Paul is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend was convicted on rob in 2nd degree out of the

Customer Question

My boyfriend was convicted on rob in 2nd degree out of the state of oregon in 2001. It also stated that he was armed. When he is off his post prison supervion can he get his gun rights back?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Aaron Paul replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer- It is highly unlikely that he will be able to get his gun rights back. In most jurisdictions, convicted felons lose their right to own firearms, especially if a weapon was used in the commission of the felony.

There are also federal laws involving possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and you should be aware that federal and state laws may conflict with each other (in other words, your gun rights could be reinstated in a state, but still violate federal law).

If he is concerned about hunting, I believe there may be a possibility for him to keep and possess primitive guns, like flintlocks and other muzzleloaders, and I don't think there is any problem with having archery equipment.

If you find this information helpful, please click Accept below, or I will not receive credit.



Related Criminal Law Questions