Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I was arrested in Texas and I am from MS. I went through a

Customer Question

I was arrested in Texas and I am from MS. I went through a bonding company but i had to put up money and property to cover the whole bond as well as pay the bail. Can i get the bond and bail back after everything is settled?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
You can't get back any fees you paid the bonding company but you can get back whatever property and money you put up.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I thought if you paid the bond you didnt have to pay the bail
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
Bail and bond are really the same thing in Texas. The "bond" is the amount of money/property that it takes to get you out of jail. If you pay a bondman a fee (usually 15%) then they shoud put up a sufficient amount of property or money to get you out of jail. The fee you pay them is not refundable no matter what happens. If, instead, you had enough cash on you to cover the entire amount of the bond you could put that up and then get it all back when it is over.