How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4492
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was pulled over 3 times, and my driver license is revocked,

Customer Question

i was pulled over 3 times, and my driver license is revocked, i am worry that i can go to the jail for it
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 8 years ago.

The judge probably isn't going to look very kindly on your being pulled over three times for being revoked, so your best bet at this point is to hire an attorney who specializes in traffic matters (or retain the public defenders office if you can't afford an attorney). Driving while revoked carries up to a year in jail and/or a $1000 fine, so you want someone who is knowledgeable about that law in court for you. The best thing you can do at this point is that if you can take steps to try to get your license reinstated to show the court you are serious about cleaning up your license and your record. This will go over better with the court than you just showing up and asking for mercy.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
u want to say, if i go to the court without lawyer, i can go to the jail for 1 year, ??? and what do u think how much i have to pay to the lawyer for my case
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 8 years ago.
<p>No, sorry, what I was saying is that you can get UP to one year...that is the maximum...not that you will get one year. I am saying that because of your record the judge may not be willing to cut you a break and get you no jail time. But having an attorney and trying to get your license reinstated will help.</p><p> </p><p>I don't know how much an attorney will charge for a case like this. You should look in the Yellow Pages and call around to get the best rate. Be sure to look for someone who charges a flat fee rather than an a hourly rate. For a case like this, you shouldn't get roped into paying someone by the hour when you can just pay a flat fee to get it resolved.</p>