Law Pro, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  20 years trial experience in defense of criminal cases
11688690

My girlfriend and I broke, she was cheating on me. So I removed

Customer Question

My girlfriend and I broke, she was cheating on me. So I removed from my house by grabbing her arms. We have 2 kids together, that I have not seen over 2 months. She got an order of protection aganist me not to see her or the kids. The judge gave her a couple of extra days in my house and told not take my things. She trashed the place and took $12,000 worth of my things, plus the judge is letting her use my second car. I told the judge of the theft he did not care and she been getting parking tickets on my second car which I have to pay. The police don't know if they can do anything, saying it is up to the states attorney.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.
Your going to have to take pictures of everything and keep track of the tickets along with every other expense you incurr. You'll at least be able to get reimbursement when support enters the picture.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What happens to the order of protection when we go to cusdty and support court?
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.

The order is in temporarily vacated so that you can have the hearings - there are all types of security and police officers around if problems occur.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm saying once I get jont custody. How does the that work?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What happens to the order of protection when I get joint custody of the kids
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.
The PFA will get modified accordingly to incorporate the judge's decision - the support order will be modified (she will be paying you child support) and the custodial order will be modified.