How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9391
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Currently servering a 25 years to life sentence for conspiracy

Resolved Question:

Currently servering a 25 years to life sentence for conspiracy to commit murder. Served 21 years so far in the state of california. Recently new evidence has been found that could exonerate me from this charge. How should I go about this with little money. Please advise thanks for your time and help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago.
Is this DNA evidence? If it is you can probably get free legal representation from

If it is not DNA, have you tried to contact a public defender's office?
Where are you incarcerated (which County)?
And, in which County were you convicted?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for getting back to me sorry for my delay. I am actually sending this email for a friend and do not currently have all the information regarding this cause. From what I understand there was no powder burns on his hands as this cause involved guns. So when you make reference to DNA is that what you mean? Also when I accept and have additional questions/concerns can I get you back?
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago.
You do not have to accept any answer, and yes you can ask later. If you want me personally please write For N Cal Attorney as the title of the question.

The Innocence Project takes cases where DNA exculpates someone, for example if there was blood evidence that was not tested and later is tested and the DNA excludes the convict as a possible perpetrator, the innocence project might take the case for free.
N Cal Attorney and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you