How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My girlfriend was just released to probation from 34 months

Resolved Question:

My girlfriend was just released to probation from 34 months in FPC Bryan Tx. She has restitution of < three thousand dollars and is required to find employment to make repayment and there are no meaningfull jobs available with her record. If we were to get married could my availability to pay override the requirement to have a job.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

No. The court order says for her to get a job. Thus, she'll have to do so, or provide proof to the court that she is trying to get work.


The fact that you can afford to pay her debt will not alleviate her obligation.

Roger and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you