How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34280
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters Ex Inlaws forged her signature on her tax returns

Resolved Question:

My daughters Ex Inlaws forged her signature on her tax returns for tax year 2003 and 2004 they then had her tax refunds transferred into there personally checking account.They told her she never recieved a refund for both years and they kept they spent the money she found out the information in 2007.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist

If you have evidence that proves this, I recommend you provide this information to both the district attorney as well as the US attorney in your area.

This constitutes theft and if it can be proved, I suspect the prosecutor will take the case forward to ensure justice is served.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get paid.

P. Simmons and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you