Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

im special needs paraplegic was thrown in jail sept 13 after…

im special needs paraplegic was...
im special needs paraplegic was thrown in jail sept 13 after hurricane ike by local authoritees for accessing damage 3 streets arround my home ....ihad slow moving triangle on back like state of texas statutes i thought allowed....things got worse i traveled toward my home after the traffic stop..to be pounced on by 9-13 police... imade my way at 15mph 6 houses from originally stopped i lived at the 9th house.i had told the original police that stopped me i was going to my house to get in wheelchair to come there as i would be in my wheelchair in driveway....needless to say original officer made a felony evading arrest charge and one other felony charge against me to my supprise.i was put in brazoria county jail where their was no electricity except generator no water no nurse care for 2.5 days all i could do is pray i didnt crap on myself because i was told by 2 nurses that i was on my own....ican say god does answer prayers   but i sure was afraid of any movement i made ....all of th
10/3/2008
N Cal Attorney
When you are arraigned on the charges, you should tell the judge that you plead not guilty and want an attorney but cannot afford one. Ask the court to appoint an attorney to assist in the defense of the criminal charges.
<br />
<br /><a href="http://lawyers.justia.com/search?query=civil+rights&location=Angleton%2C+TX" target="_blank">http://lawyers.justia.com/search?query=civil+rights&location=Angleton%2C+TX</a> is a directory of attorneys in your area you could contact to discuss suing the police for false arrest and false imprisonment and inhumane treatment while you were a prisoner.
<br />
<br />I hope this information is helpful.
i believe that under state statute that under 547.703...that under the protection of state law allows me to drive with slow moving triangle displayed...because it is only origiination title it is not required to be registered but in order to touch the street,547.703 subsection123 is covered under acts1995,74th leg.,ch.165 eff sept1,1995...under 52.002 subsection1 agriculture procucts includes timber firewood...what is with my interpretation of statute 663.037 this statute applies to atv i have utv much much safer it was bought by me for the reason of anyones safety that its size and construction is of such that it was safest utility to be bought formy purposes and to be seen easily and safely by all others at any given time during its operation...what is wrong with these statutes ???shouldt they apply to me and arent they written to be fair to the publi c while at the same time protecting the public i thought briefly i am the public owe my mistake!!i must be one of those special needs parraplegic bitchy people with a large axe to grind ...Noooot...what statute is the winner?????ill bet you a dollar txdot dont really know
Have you called Texas DOT and asked?
when i called txdot attorney she came up with excuse that because i did not grow the trees that i technicaly could not drive on a street with slow moving triangle because of some administrative code definition i coulnt help but laugh because i had looked carefully through a lot of statutes///she then stated that since shes worked for tx dot 3 whole years that the statutes were very confusing and had to go its near 5.oopm and had to pick up daughter..i stated have a good weekend be talking later but you guys sure are working hard to deny someone in my circumstance a no/im only realiazing how mutch peop le in charge dont know the statutes your suppo sed to be representing...iappreciate the dialogue thanks terryb
My pleasure.
N Cal Attorney
i need to know if polaris ranger is legal with my circumstances..im paraplegic need for polaris is very important..i use as tractor for fueling and timber and firewood..local cop screamed it was against law he knows he is harrassing me .i hire my help and have to pay extra for everything i opperated since 2001 without much problem why now why me what about statutes that protect this right as written law arent i of the public which the laws are written for... need is for specific statutes that apply yes answer asap.problem is txdot lawyer says because admin code says i didnt grow trees i may not drive slow moving triangle on polaris on arterial streets and roads no where no how..with statutes ive interpreted i do care to differ and come to conclusion:the fox in the henhouse dont know the laws they are supposed to stand up for ...i cant walk and i am not amblitary and ill be damn somebody needs to tellme how im supposed to accomplish my jobs any other damn way if you take one way that works away....nnnnot right i would think im the public.. too u know...who is protecting my right a prejudiced state?????i need real statutes to understand ...those that mind own business should be protected by civil rhts plus statutes....i need answers from someone who knows statutes and can give #s the written law # XXXXX answer....i know: ag code def 52.002 547.703 new memo from state ..not law yet...663.037 prohibited except for subsection b c d 1 4 6 663.033 502.001#1 d 9 #8 #14 #15 #16 #18 #19 #20(NNN) NNN-NNNNim not getting near roads hwy in .statuted wheelchair i dont want to push death wish and dont trust publicis it motor assisted scooter not really txdot registration and title bulletin is screwy too icannot see its off books yet but state acts like its been repealed 548.052 is close heeeelp thanks
Go ahead and call back Monday, maybe DOT can tell you if the Polaris Ranger is a legal vehicle for you. I cannot figure that one out from here.
this is for administrator i need answer tired of writing question 3 times today does it get better during week???
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Another expert asked me to step in and assist. I understand your argument on the harvesting or hauling of agricultural products but the atty for the DOT identified the problem. You weren't raising the products and were just out "scouting". The transportation code doesn't allow for "scouting". Still, the way you were treated was ridiculous and the statute is definitely vague at best.

My suggestion is to contact an attorney who does civil rights law as well as contacting an organization that does advocacy for individuals with disabilities. This has to be one of the more offensive actions by the police I've seen.

Your argument as to the transportation code is a good one, you may also want to use the argument that teh vehicle is equivalent to a motorized wheelchair which we see all the time on neighborhood streets. By preventing you from using the vehicle it is a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act, particularly when you needed to scout the neighborhood out for access in your vehicle, etc.

Hope this was some help.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer