How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  over 20 years of legal and professor of law experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was convicted of theft in 1980 over 200.00 less than 10,000.00

Resolved Question:

i was convicted of theft in 1980 over 200.00 less than 10,000.00 i have court papers state of texas says order suspending imposition of sentence.i served 2 years probation then recieved more court papers order of court to set aside conviction. requesting me to withdraw plea of guilty and court to dismiss the indicment and discharge defendant from all penalties and disabilities resulting from offense . my question is i ran a criminal check on myself and the conviction shows up is there any legal way to remove this information .
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
The first step is determining if you're eligible for expungment so take a look at this information as provided by the State Department to determine if you're eligible. Following the information is a like where you can view and is necessary purchase the expungement petition. Good luck.

In Texas, under some circumstances, you may be able to have a criminal record expunged, which means that the records are returned to you or destroyed.

You may be eligible for expungement if:

A criminal charge against you has been dismissed, you have been found not guilty, or you have been pardoned; or
Someone used your name or identification when arrested (identity theft); or
You are a juvenile who has completed a deferred sentence; or
You are an underage drinking first offender.
If you are eligible to have your records expunged, you may file a petition in court. A person who has reached age 17 must make a sworn written request to have juvenile records expunged.

In addition, if you have received a discharge and dismissal from deferred adjudication community supervision (an alternative sentencing program in Texas), you may petition the court for a nondisclosure order following dismissal for some misdemeanors, five years after dismissal for other misdemeanors, or 10 years after dismissal for felonies. A nondisclosure order prohibits criminal justice agencies from disclosing criminal history information to the public.

Motor vehicle records cannot be expunged.

Link to purchase the Exspungement Petition:
Daniel Solutions and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you