How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I do not know what to do.. Iam on probation. Right After my

Resolved Question:

I do not know what to do.. Iam on probation. Right After my felony conviction I was sent to do an intake on my financial status,work history etc.. as far as being able to pay for the group therapies as ordered, I did not earn enough at that time so my groups were subsidized. My life was ruined. 3 months later my wife gets terrible diagnosis of brain cancer, it then traveled to her liver where it stayed and put her to rest 4 months later. As part of plea deal i had to see a PO officer once a month,today he sprang a surprise financial status worksheet for me to complete. he wondered how a unemployed disabled father can afford to care for 2 children,mortgage and some other small bills living on disability benefits. my wife left us a small insurance policy, I did not claim this on the financial sheet as there was no line to make reference on. he now has my banking institution and i am terrified he will see signficantly more than the 1k in the bank. And find the reason to prison me..
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

At the time you filled out the initial financial forms, your wife had not passed away, and therefore, the insurance policy was not in effect. Thus, I don't think you've got a problem there. When you received the money, you may should have informed the PO that you could pay for the classes based on this recent income.


My suggestion is to volunteer to pay for the classes, and reimburse the state for any money already paid over on your behalf. I don't think this will be considered a violation of your probation. Just try to make good on the payments and ask the PO to give you a break.

Roger and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you