How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience practicing attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son had some traffic tickets in 2005. This year he was

Resolved Question:

My son had some traffic tickets in 2005. This year he was arrested because he had a warrant out against him. When they let him go the next day the failed to let him know he had a court date, anyway he missed his court date. What should he do now?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 9 years ago.

DearCustomer- The best thing he can do is to contact an attorney to accompany him to court since he probably now has a warrant out for his arrest for failure to appear. This of course is compounded by the fact that he failed to pay the previous tickets and had a previous warrant.


He should at least contact the court if he can't afford an attorney and make arrangements to appear at the next court session for traffic tickets. Generally if a defendant appears on his own and makes arrangements to pay the outstanding fines the court will release him. If they have to come and arrest him he would then face a likely bond in order to get released.


This situation appears to have compounded itself due to failure to appear in court. He needs to get it resolved before it compounds further.


David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law

Dave Kennett and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you