How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years trial experience in defense of criminal cases
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was convicted in 1999 but all fines were paid but while applying

Customer Question

I was convicted in 1999 but all fines were paid but while applying for a pardon this year my conviction says that fines werent paid i dont have copies of receipts..what can i do now?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.
You have little choice but to look for receipts, cancelled check, etc. to find evidence of payment. Presumptively, the clerk records are correct as to receipt of payments and, therefore, you will have no success but to pay the fines/costs a second time.
Law Pro and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i understand but if i pay these fines again i would have to wait another 3 years to get my pardon i have the receipt for the restitution but not for the fines
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.

About the only thing you can possible do is bring a motion to correct the clerk records and explain.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
this is sort of an add on from the last question.... i paid the fines again now do i have any choice but to wait another 5 years before i can apply for my pardon?