Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

In Wisconsin you can usually only apply for a pardon by the

Governor for a felony that...
In Wisconsin you can usually only apply for a pardon by the Governor for a felony that you have received a one year sentance. Under extraordinary circumstances you can apply for a waiver for a misdemeanor. I would like to know if the one year sentance would still be a requirement for the waiver.
9/20/2008
amicuscuriae70
amicuscuriae70, Law Professor
Let me check the laws........

What was the felony?
http://www.wisbar.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Current_Issue1&TEMPLATE=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&CONTENTID=39460

The pardon restores the record to it's original form.

An expungement is another way of sealing your records and is a lot easier to obtain.

The term sealing refers to arrests, charges and the conviction. Additionally, the conviction may not be used in any subsequent court proceedings. Often an expungement is helpful when seeking employment or promotion in certain fields such as law enforcement, military, executive positions, bank and other fiduciary positions.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Expungement isn't an option, that is why I am trying to find out if there is the one year requirement to apply for a pardon for a misdemeanor.
There is not a waiting period. I sent you a link. Read it and get back with me if you have questions. There are so many people that the Governor grants pardons to though. The process is longer and more difficult to achieve. You must be formally charged with the crime and finished all probation associated with the crime.

THE WAIVER AND PARDON APPLICATIONS ARE ON THIS SITE:

http://wsll.state.wi.us/topic/justice/crimlaw/pardons.html
amicuscuriae70
amicuscuriae70, Law Professor
PLEASE SEE THE NEW POST:

WAIVER AND PARDON APPLICATIONS:

Let me know if you have further questions. I am willing to assist you,as always.
amicuscuriae70
amicuscuriae70, Law Professor
YOU MUST FILE THE WAIVER AND THE PARDON FORM TOGETHER.
amicuscuriae70
amicuscuriae70
amicuscuriae70, Law Professor