How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33772
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my 18 year old son was arrested for carring a concealed wepon.

Customer Question

my 18 year old son was arrested for carring a concealed wepon. It was a glove with spikes on it that he baught at a gothek store at the mall he was seen carring it at a park with a friend while he was waiting for his grandmother to pick him up, when the police pulled my mother over they seen it on the floorboard by his feet and arrested him. what are his options?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 9 years ago.
What state are you in?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 9 years ago.
You may want to look at the link below which is the statute he was likely charged under. A spiked glove kind of meets the definition of "metal knuckles" but it is a stretch.

You should retain a criminal defense attorney to represent your son. The glove isn't really the type of "weapon" contemplated by the statute. If you have an attorney they can probably help get a really good plea bargain and make a run at a dismissal.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.