How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9368
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a rape was committed in Idaho 35 years ago and the offender

Resolved Question:

If a rape was committed in Idaho 35 years ago and the offender now lives in Washington state. First of all what is the statute of limitations for rape in Idaho and secondly how can we try this person that now lives in Washington?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago.
According to there is no statute of limitations for rape in Idaho. If the suspect is indicted in Idaho, the Idaho authorities can file an extradition request with the authorities in Washington.
Just based on the fact that this happened 35 years ago it seems that it would be hard to prove and I do not know what are the chances Idaho would try to press charges after so long a time has passed. But under Idaho law the mere fact that it happened 35 years ago does not of itself prevent charges from being filed.
I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you