How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27548
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to seal my criminal record

Resolved Question:

I was convicted of Grand Larceny in 1976, it is a class B felony. I have never been in trouble since. I do not have the money to hire an attorney can a person do this on their own and if so where do you start?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 years ago.
Yes, a person can do this on their own, if eligible. What State did this happen in?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This happened in Washington State. I was convicted in Yakima County but served my probation in Skagit county. Will I have to do this through the County I was convicted in?
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 years ago.

The date of your conviction ( 1976) would disqualify you from having your record vacated. Class B felonies, that occurred before July 1, 1984, are not eligible for this.

CrimDefense and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So this means I will never be able to get this off my record? No sealing of my record either?