How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GAF LAW Your Own Question
GAF LAW, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 6
Experience:  Seven years practicing as a criminal defense atttorney.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
GAF LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i live in oregon and 7 years ago i gave less than a gram of

Resolved Question:

i live in oregon and 7 years ago i gave less than a gram of marijuana to a minor inside my house. The problem was that my back yard was adjacent to a high school. I was convicted of several felonies. I plea bargained to two. Possesion of a controlled substance 1000ft from a school and delivery of a controlled substance 1000ft from a school. My question is what are my chances over having these felonies overturned/expunged since I was inside my house?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  GAF LAW replied 9 years ago.

You will not be able to vacate your plea because too much time has passed. As far as expunging the record that will not be possible if you were convicted as part of your plea bargain.


The only way to seal or expunge your record is if you received a withold of adjudication (withold of the conviction). You need to check and see if you were convicted.


The fact that you were inside your house will not help you in overtirning your plea.


If you are satisfied with my answer please do not forget to "accept" it.

GAF LAW and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you