Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

In the state of missouri can a person convicted of a non violent

Customer Question
felony have a rifle or...
In the state of missouri can a person convicted of a non violent felony have a rifle or shot gun owned by the wife be in the home
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/2/2008
Criminal Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 9 years ago
N Cal Attorney
According to http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbystate/a/gunlaws_mo.htm It is unlawful for a person convicted of or confined for a dangerous felony or an attempt to commit a dangerous felony to possess a concealable firearm for five years after such conviction or confinement. Conviction of a non violent felony does not appear to prevent you from having guns in MO. For specific legal advice you should consult an attorney in your State.

MO Code § 556.061 defines

(8) "Dangerous felony" means the felonies of arson in the first degree, assault in the first degree, attempted forcible rape if physical injury results, attempted forcible sodomy if physical injury results, forcible rape, forcible sodomy, kidnaping, murder in the second degree, assault of a law enforcement officer in the first degree, domestic assault in the first degree, elder abuse in the first degree, robbery in the first degree, statutory rape in the first degree when the victim is a child less than twelve years of age at the time of the commission of the act giving rise to the offense, statutory sodomy in the first degree when the victim is a child less than twelve years of age at the time of the commission of the act giving rise to the offense, and, abuse of a child pursuant to subdivision (2) of subsection 3 of section 568.060, RSMo, and child kidnapping;
From http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5560000061.HTM

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer