Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I was rescently arrested for possession with the intent to

I was rescently arrested for possession with the intent to distribute, 2 ounces of marijuana in Maryland. I asked a question last night and it was answered fabulously, but now I have another. The advisor last night said depending on how long it took for the drug dog to show up could depend on the legality of the situation. It was about 15 to 20 minutes till the K9 unit came. The origional officer told me the computers were taking a long time and that's what the hold up was. Does that work in my favor? Also, the officer told me in private that if it were up to him, marujuana would be legal and he didn't blamd me for doing what I had to do to get through these trying times. While it did asuage my nerves a little, it did seem slightly unappropriate considering the source. Does that work in my favor? Any opinions you have would be greatly appreciated.
I don't think the officer's comment makes a difference and probably isn't admissible. Your lawyer is probably going to tell you not to bring it up unless the audio caught it.

The delay in getting the dog there is certainly a factor in trying to get the evidence suppressed, especially if you were "not under arrest".

Two ounces is an awfully small amount for "intent to distribute" so they may offer you a good plea bargain.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.