Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH A DUI

Customer Question

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 9 years ago.

hi

if you were charged with a DUI, you would have documents from the arrest indicating where you need to appear for a hearing and information about what to do regarding your department of motor vehicles hearing regarding the mandatory suspension of your license.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I wasn't arrested and have no documents
Expert:  Samuel II replied 9 years ago.

hi

well, why dont you tell me what happened that makes you think you will be charged - did they give you a BAC? Did they let you drive away or someone else, etc

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i layed my bike down, hit some gravel, no helmet hit my head. hospitalized for observation
of head injury releaased. never received a police report, cittion or was arrested, never saw an officer.
it's now been over 72 hours and nothing. minor wreck dented gas tank broken turn signal
Expert:  Samuel II replied 9 years ago.

hi

well, it seems as if you were very lucky and got away unscathed. now, if the hospital did a blood test, then it is possible for them to notify the police and you could get a visit. but since it has been 72 hours, it is highly unlikely. if they did not do a blood test then there is nothing to indicate that you had any alcohol and therefore, an investigation of the accident would not prompt a drinking charge because there would be no proof. you are very lucky and i hope you learned a lesson

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I certainly did, a very valuable one
Expert:  Samuel II replied 9 years ago.
good for you. take care and be safe