How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can be done about a family member who uses your info

Resolved Question:

Our 34 year old son set up a dish network account & sprint account in my husban''s name that are in collections now and the agency is harrassing us. What can we do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 9 years ago.
yikes. the only thing you will be able to do is charge your son with identity theft, go through the court proceedings on the criminal charge, have your son court ordered to make the payments and then have those documents sent to the credit bureau with notice from the dish network that the account was fraudulent but has since been paid in full. your son has created a huge credit quaqmire mess for you. but your only option is to hold him accountable.
Samuel II and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you