How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34342
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does a suspended imposition of sentence(SIS) show up on a fi

Resolved Question:

No Comment Added
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist

can you please explain what you mean by "fi"?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Philip Simmons's Post: sorry cut off. finger print check
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.

Can i get a bit more info as well

1. was there a conviction in this case or was it diverted?

2. If there was a conviction, can you tell me what the conviction was for

3. Can you tell me what the fingerprint check is for

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Philip Simmons's Post: there was no conviction and the finger print check is for employment
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.

Final question, was incident for arrest in Missouri?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Philip Simmons's Post: yes st. louis mo
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.

And to answer your question...perhaps.

There are a variety of ways to track down prior arrests records. Your name/date of birth/social security number and your fingerprints all can flag arrest records.

This is a great webpage that covers Missouri records checks

From that page, this paragraph:

Q: What is the difference between open and closed records?
A: Open records include convictions, pending charges within 30 days of the arrest, and suspended imposition of sentences during probation. Closed records are those records when the accused is found not guilty, charges were nolle prossed or dismissed, suspended imposition of sentence after probation is completed, and arrests after 30 days where no charges have yet been filed or reported by the prosecuting attorney. Open records are available to anyone who does a record check on someone. Closed records are only available to oneself, the sentencing advisory commission, law enforcement agencies, prosecutors and court personnel, child care agencies, the Department of Revenue, in-home service providers, the Division of Workers' Compensation, criminal justice employers, child care employers, nursing home employers, and to federal agencies for such investigative purposes as authorized by law or presidential executive order.

SO, looks like your record is an open record and would be available

Now, if you want to change that, you should consider applying for expungement:

This may help you in the future.

Please let me know if you have questions else please hit the green button, its the only way i get paid
P. Simmons and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you