Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

do police officers in texas have to give a paper ...

do police officers in texas have to give a paper notification of the charges at the time of offense, specifically a misdomeanor b?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 9 years ago.
No, they don't. It is actually unusual for them to do so. If they have a warrant they are supposed to give you a copy of it, but there is no severe penalties for their failure to do so.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Always feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.