How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3165
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-girlfriend filed a complaint against me for ...

Customer Question

My ex-girlfriend filed a complaint against me for harrassment because I was sending e-mails to her and not getting a response from her so I kept sending them hoping to get a response. I thought that I had the wrong e-mail address for her. I did not know that I was doing anything wrong by sending her e-mails and I did not know that I was breaking the law. I was arrested inside my apartment on a warrant and I was charged with Stalking. If she would have sent me an e-mail telling me that if I sent her any more e-mails she was going to file a complaint, I would have stopped sending e-mails to her immediately. If the Detective from the Brea, CA Police Department had contacted me and told me that I had a harrassment complaint filed against me and if I continued to send any more e-mails to my ex-girlfriend I would be arrested for Stalking, I would have stopped immediately. Nobody told me that I was doing anything wrong or did they issue me a warning before I was arrested. I am still in shock.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 9 years ago.
did you get my response? l think i answered this earlier.

Related Criminal Law Questions