How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Doe Deer Your Own Question
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Jane Doe Deer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son left his bicycle at his friends house and it

Resolved Question:

my son left his bicycle at his friends house and it has been destroyed we thin it was purposely desroyed by his friend but the friend says his sister ran it over with her car what ca we legally do
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

While we write back and forth, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be researching the answer to your question, helping other customers, or taking a break.


Here are all the options I can think:

1. If your son's friend is a minor, his parents are responsible to buy a new, equivalent bike.

2. If your son's sister ran over the bike, she or her insurance should pay for a new bike.

3. If your son's friend and/or his sister or parents refuse to pay, you can take the parents and/or sister to Small Claims Court.


I'd be happy to answer follow-up questions. If not, please click ACCEPT or I will not get paid for helping you.

We can still write after you pay. Feedback and Bonuses are gratefully appreciated.

Next time you visit Just Answer, please ask for me by name by starting your question with "This is for Jane Doe Deer."

I wish you the best,


Jane Doe Deer and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions