How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience practicing attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

this woman keeps calling our cell numbers and home ...

Resolved Question:

this woman keeps calling our cell numbers and home phone. i made a incident report to the police in our area. the police officer called her and told her not to calls us or get in touch with us again. a few days went by and she started calling again to our home and my husbands work cell phone. today i went and filled out a warrant, now i have to go to a court date. so the judge can decide if the calls she is making to us is harassment. can anything be done to stop this woman from calling us. i blocked my home phone, but i can''t block my husbands cell phone. the woman threated to kill her self and to break anything we have given her in the past. this woman just won''t stop, she has made up to 21 call in one day. help please
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 9 years ago.

DearCustomer- It would appear that you have already taken the proper steps to get her to stop calling by filing a complaint in the court. Certainly the judge will issue a restraining order against her and if she continues she will likely go to jail for contempt.

It would appear that this person has some type of mental problem based on the facts presented. You need to be careful if you fear any violence from her. It is a crime to harass by phone so the court is the best place to seek help. You can also file a civil suit against her for damages for denying you the quiet enjoyment of your home and for harassment. Maybe both the threat of jail and monetary damages will be enough to make her stop this activity.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law

Dave Kennett and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions