How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34275
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

About 6 years ago i was 24 and i was in a relationship ...

Resolved Question:

About 6 years ago i was 24 and i was in a relationship with a girl that was 17. We dated for 2 years and we had sexual relations. Now 6 years later her mother is still saying she is going to get me for statatory rape. I live in Kentucky and was wondering if this is possible?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
The age of consent in Kentucky is 16. Section 510.020 of the Kentucky Revised Statutes deems a person unable to consent if he or she is less than 16 years old. It is a defense however if the "victim" is at least 14 and the actor is less than 5 years older {510.130(b)}.

SO the answer is no, you are not guilty of a crime

Please let me know if you have more questions, else please hit the green button, it is the only way I get paid for my time
P. Simmons and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you