How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9364
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Reporting death threat threats

Resolved Question:

What happens if I report a death threat I received on my cell phone. I have a phone number, the first name and the message? I live in California!

Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 9 years ago.

The police may or may not do anything but you should report it anyway. Did they actually leave a death threat as a voice mail? Was it a wrong number?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.

They left a voicemail. It was not the wrong number. They referred to me by name. I deliver pizzas and it was an angry customer who I called on my cell phone because no one was at the hotel they gave for an address.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 9 years ago.

If you believe it was a serious threat, you should report it at least to your employer as well as to the police.

N Cal Attorney and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you