How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3151
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Some friends and I were put up my tent in a local park ...

Customer Question

Some friends and I were put up my tent in a local park behind some trees. They were smoking weed and I just had the second hand smoke. But then some cops walked up to our tent. I got real scared because I''ve been to court three times and still have a clean record. I also have stayed out trouble for a long time. So I ran from the cops while my friends just stayed there. I ran to the opposite side of town from my house and the cops didn''t catch me... But the police brought out some dogs and somehow they tracked my scent to my house. So the next day I came home the cops had already been there and what not.     I guess I''m looking at a felony for running from the police. What do you think is the best thing I can do to have minimal charges. (I turn 17 in 20 days)
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Maria-Moderator replied 9 years ago.

Thanks for your question on JustAnswer! I see that you noted in your post that you are under 18 years of age. Our Terms of Service require that all accounts be registered by adults age 18 and older.

I also noted that you have a deposit on your account. If a parent or guardian opened this account for you and allowed you to post your question, that is acceptable. However, we need the parent or guardian to call us at 1-888-JustA-20 and clearly state that they have given permission for you to ask this question, and that they are the account holder who is authorizing payment. You can also send an email to [email protected] with your telephone number so we can call your parent or guardian.

No one will be able to answer your question until we receive this information via telephone.

Thank you,

Maria - Moderator

Related Criminal Law Questions