How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a friend who lives in lufkin Texas, her daughter is ...

Resolved Question:

I have a friend who lives in lufkin Texas, her daughter is a meth head and she booted her out of her house. She wants to get a restraining order against her. Do you have to go before a judge and get one and do you have to pay for it?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 9 years ago.


this is an unfortunate situation for your friend and her family. yes. she should go to the court house and speak to the clerk for the forms to fill out for the restraining/protective order. then there will be a hearing in front of a judge. there is a minimal fee of about $25 to $35

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Samuel-II's Post: Now do both parents have to fill out the form or can just the mother, because the step father refused when he was told he would have to pay and the forms were asking for financial information
Expert:  Samuel II replied 9 years ago.


if the mother is being harassed and her name is XXXXX XXXXX home, too, then she can fill out the form as it will be issued to keep the daughter away from the home and the person filling out the form. usually what happens is the temporary order will be issued and then a court date established wherein the daughter will need to go to court and say why it should not be made permanant. if the daughter does not show up, it will be made permanant by default.


Samuel II and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions