How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3169
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it legal to sue my exhusband for molesting our daughter ...

Customer Question

Is it legal to sue my exhusband for molesting our daughter 32 years ago? Her dad would come in her bedroom at night...I would not have believed it in a million years...My daughter told me about this 16 years ago...I confronted her father and he called her a liar...I asked my daughter why didn't you tell me? Her reply was I did not want you to hate daddy...The daddy hurried up that night she ask him to opoligize for ruining her life...He immediatly called my son and other daughter to tell them that their sister was lying...My daughter is 44 years of age...She has suffered with this for many years and still does...She is not able to trust a man and therefore she can't have a normal life with men...She had a horse staying on his farm which he has resented for 2 years...He told her last saturday her horse was missing...I think he sold it...What can we do...I feel like God has no justice and I thought he was a just God, now I feel like God and Statan are just having a pissing
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am looking forward to assisting you.

While we write back and forth, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Can you please tell me what city and state or province is involved in your question? I cannot see it on my screen right now.

It's unlikely that you or your daughter can still sue but I'd like to look up the statute of limitations in your state or province tomorrow. (I'm going offline for the evening soon).

You can, of course, take legal action over the horse.

I'll look forward to hearing from you,

Jane Doe Deer

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Perryville, Arkansas...Her dad molested her in her bedroom at night when I was asleep...She did not tell me about it until 16 years ago...She is 44 now...she is afraid of him and won't stand up to one has fought for her but me..."The horse was on his property for 2 years which he resented...He told the police it could have gotten out and some stole it...That is not true..What else do you want to know?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
what type of legal action do we take?
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.

I was unable to find the statute of limitations for suing over child molestation in Arkansas.

Here is a link to where you can find Arkansas trial attorneys. I suggest that you call a few plaintiff's attorneys and ask about the SOL for molestation. I apologize for not being able to find the SOL myself:

I do think it's many, many years too late to sue, but to be sure you should really talk with a few Arkansas attorneys.

In regard to the horse, if you want to take legal action, it will depend on whether you can just put in an insurance claim and/or on the value of the horse. You can go to Small Claims if the value is $5K or less:

I'll wait to hear from you with follow up questions.