Mr. Lofton
Mr. Lofton, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience
9164795

I was contacted by phone by a Detective in TEXAS and told

I was contacted by phone by a Detective in TEXAS and told my company vehicle was used in a theft at a Kohl''s in Texas. I told him that was impossible. He asked me if I ever shop at Kohl''s and I said yes. The detective also asked my license plate number when I went out to get it my front plate was missing but my back plate matched the number he had given me. He woud not tell me what was stolen only that an employee at Kohls was the accuser. He asked if I were willing to come in a speak further with him and I said sure. Later that day I was called into Human Resources and Suspended because the officer had called my work to ask who was the driver of the Company Vehicle. Once the Detective did that I called him back informed him he got me suspended and that I would not have any further conversations with him. I am a REGIONAL INVESTIGATOR for a Major Company. What should I do ? and Can I be Charged with a Crime I know Nothing about ? Please I need an in depth answer Thank You

Well you need an adovocate here with your job to help your bosses start believing you - maybe a polygraph would help as far as the crime at Kohl's involving your plate, you say the plate was stolen and I assume that the person at/near Kohl's who got the plate number did not also I.D. your vehicle ?!? If that is the case you should have no fear of being implicated in the Kohl's crime.

However, if yu feel this is turning sour and you have some risk of prosecution, then hooking up with a good criminal atty early on is best.

They are not going to "Charge you" unless they have evidence that actually implicates you!

All the best,

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Yes the accuser said the Vehicle was the same has what I drive. Talking to the police I already felt it was taking a turn for the worse. He stated that the person who shoplifted left everything in the parking lot and Kohls recovered everything...Any other advice
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Mr. Lofton's Post: Yes the accuser said the Vehicle was the same has what I drive. Talking to the police I already felt it was taking a turn for the worse. He stated that the person who shoplifted left everything in the parking lot and Kohls recovered everything...Any other advice

Well, sounds like they are looking at you, doesn't it?!? So, what to do ... best advice is to hook up with a local criminal aty that you trust and get their advice and do not try to "fix" this on your own ...

All the best,