How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mr. Lofton Your Own Question
Mr. Lofton
Mr. Lofton, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1291
Experience:  25 years experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Mr. Lofton is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sons ex-wife, who currently has 2- TROs on

Customer Question

My son's ex-wife, who currently has 2- TRO's on him. One for her-3 years(unsupported, but granted) and one for the kids-2 years, pending court date. She recently did a mail change of address form for all mail to go to her, this is including his mail. What are the legal recourse is available to my son for the charge false change of address, including fines and /or jail time for the ex-wife? Would this action have weight in the courts- to have both TRO request thrown out?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Mr. Lofton replied 9 years ago.

Your should notify the US Postal Inspectors that the Ex Wife has made that change of address - that is a crime and they will investigate - see here:

The fact that she cahnged his mail addressalso provides a basis for him to go to court to get a TRO against her, and also will help him avoid her TRO concerning his right to visit his children.

Go for it! All the best,