How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118630
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

need attoney to answer case on felony class 1 sexual assualt

Customer Question

I was cleared in Denver colorado afterXXXXXbattle, hung jury first time 11-1 not guilty then second time dismissed by DA in denver. The indidual is mexician national with only tourist visa, i would like to file civil case in denver win or lose against that individual because of false allegations against me which i have proven it not effects civil case involving allegations for visitation of my now 6 year old, these hearsay allegations were used and still used against me. how do i file civil c ase in denver against this individual who still resides in colorado
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
Here is the problem. You can file a suit against this person, but it is not worth filing if the person has nothing that you can get. If the person has no money, owns no property and works at a minimum wage job, then it will cost you more to file suit than you will ever recover. Filing and pursuing law suits costs money and attorneys will not take a case that they cannot get paid something for all of the time they will have to invest in pursuing the case. So, if an individual they will be suing has nothing they can pay if they lose, then you recover nothing and the attorney gets nothing.

You can file your own suit against the individual by filing the form at and going to the clerk of court's office. You then have to serve the person with the complaint and a summons to begin the process. You can also try contacting the state bar and asking about the pro bono referral service for a free attorney.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for each of my answers. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.