How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD Your Own Question
JD, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1335
Experience:  Over 11 years of practice in litigation including 10 years as a state prosecutor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Judgment was handed down that a court transcript had been ...

Resolved Question:

Judgment was handed down that a court transcript had been altered. How do I now go about seeking criminal charges against who altered the transcript; the court employee, the judge or both?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JD replied 9 years ago.

Altering or falsifying an official government record is a crime. If you suspect this has happened you should report it to your local prosecutor's office, your local police, or the state investigating agency (state police, bureau of investigation, etc.) If this happened in a federal proceeding, you should report it to the F.B.I. and you local U.S. Attorney's office.

Good luck.


I am not your attorney. This forum is for general questions and answers and I cannot provide you with applicable law or legal opinions or advice in your jurisdiction. Please seek the advice of a competent attorney in your jurisdiction. While I can answer general questions and discuss general legal principles, I cannot give you legal advice in your state. The internet is a great place to get general information but should not be seen as a substitute for the attorney-client relationship or the services of a good lawyer in your state.

JD and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you