How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am been receiving harassing emails from my ex husband via ...

Resolved Question:

I have been receiving harassing emails from my ex husband via his work email account over a course of 6 months now. For example "What the f**k are you doing? You don''t have to work, so why can''t you call me?" "You just don''t get it. I hate you. You were the worst mistake of my life, and as long as I have breath that will not change."f**k God and you too! I got this. If God was so damned good, he would have told to not marry your ass! Save that for someone who''s soft in the head."
What can be done about this. These emails are from a major medical device company email account from an employee
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
You can report the emails to his company as an improper personal use of company equipment. I guarantee if they are a major corporation with any kind of decent counsel, they have a computer use policy that prohibits such conduct. Additionally, you can file in Chicago for a restraining order which would be much easier to enforce against him, but would be more difficult for you because you would have to go to Chicago to file it or get an attorney there to file. But, if and when he violates it, you can file a motion for contempt and get him into court and sanctioned easier than you can in GA.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for each of my answers. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to PaulMJD's Post: Thanks but my question was not completely answered. I am assuming that they will fire him. Can I bring charges against the company?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
Sorry, you cannot bring charges against the company unless they know or should know about his actions and fail or refuse to take action. You must show some act or negligence on the part of the company that would make them liable for his actions, if not they would not be liable for something like this.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you