Law Doctor
Law Doctor, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Represented clients in excess of 30,000 cases over 15 years.
8933101

How do you start this law procedure on a person ...

Customer Question

How do you start this law procedure on a person that has been convicted of something there not gilty of and this is in the st. of mississippi and if the lawer can start this procedure for an appell
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Doctor replied 9 years ago.

DearCustomer

In most states, you have 30 days to file an appeal starting from the date of sentencing. An actual Notice of Appeal must be filed with the appellate court within the 30 day time frame. If the Notice of Appeal is not filed within the 30 day period, your right to appeal your case will be waived and you will have no chance to overturn your conviction or get a new trial. Make sure you or your attorney files that Notice of Appeal timely. When you count out the 30 days, holidays and weekends are included, except if the 30th day falls on a weekend or holiday, you have until the next business day the court is open. It is vital that the Notice of Appeal is filed within that 30 day time period. Without that Notice being filed, you have no appeal.

I hope I answered your question to your satisfaction. If you need more information just contact me. Please remember to click on the ACCEPT button. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get your appeal and win it. God Bless!

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I already know this WHAT I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE INOSENSE LAW AN IF IT WILL HELP MY SON'S CASE AND HELP HIM GET AN APPEAL THEY DID ALL THIS WITH NO REAL DNA PROF JUST HERE SAY HE SAID SHE SAID AN SO ON IT WAS A REAL JOKE TO ME AS TO HOW THIS CAN HAPPEN IN OR COURT'S IN THIS DAY AN TIME