How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27980
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i recieved a disordly conduct with intoxicated ticket from ...

Customer Question

i recieved a disordly conduct with intoxicated ticket from a municipal police officer and i have to appear to court in the same township i have zero prior offenses of any crimes what do you suppose will happen to me?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 9 years ago.
You will have 3 options when you appear in court. 1) you can plead not guilty and fight the charges against you. If you chose this option because you feel you are not guilty or have a legal defense, you should retain the services of an experienced attorney. 2) you can ask the court for an offer to resolve your case. They will look at your prior record ( which is none) and most likely offer you a with-held adjudication/deferred adjudication and have you pay a fine or court costs. Your clean record, will result in a minimum offer from the court, unless there are outrageous facts, within your case. 3) The court may offer a diversion program, which if successfully completed, would result in the charges against you being dismissed. If interested in participating in the diversion program, ask the Prosecutor when your case is called, if you are eligible for it.