How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Doe Deer Your Own Question
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Jane Doe Deer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what happens to the person who has committed a hit and ...

Resolved Question:

what happens to the person who has committed a hit and run minor accident and has now been written up. Will there be jail time? This person has a current drivers license in Calif. But has been suspended in Colorado. Will I do jail time
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

I'm unclear on where the Hit and Run occured - Calif? Colorado?

And when you say minor - was just a vehicle damaged or was anyone hurt?



Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Jane Doe Deer's Post: This accident occurred in Colorado Springs and my vehicle has minor damages but his did not. I did give him my drivers license information and insurance information but after that I left.
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.
Oh, don't worry - you won't get jail time for this.
Jane Doe Deer and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I left before police got there can I still worry not?

Related Criminal Law Questions