How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27593
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has been arrested here in Polk County on a

Customer Question

My son has been arrested here in Polk County on a bench warrant from Lee County. no bond has been set -- -- must he be sent back to Lee county in order to be bonded, or can this be done from Polk County? It is a misdemeanor charge --- violation of probation, failure to appear. He needs to be out now, in order to obtain legal counsel, hopefully before being transported back to Lee County. Can this be done?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 9 years ago.

Your son will be transported to Lee County, to answer to the charges against him. If his criminal cases are in Lee County, he will have to go before the Judge presiding over his original charges. There most likely will not be a bond placed on your son, because he was on probation at the time he picked up the new charge. This is commonly called a no-bond hold. He will have to remain in custody, until both the new charge and the violation of probation are resolved. He can still obtain counsel while in jail, the attorney will have to speak with him over the phone or in person, if they wish to visit the jail. If no bond is set, he needs to wait until his case is set in front of a Judge or if your hire an attorney, they can possible speed up the process, by getting it heard sooner. If he picked up a new charge in Polk County, he will have to resolve that case, before being transported to Lee County.

CrimDefense and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
There is no new charge -- Lee County just called in for failure to appear. He was told there is a possibility the previous bond can be reinstated. It was $1000, which the bondsmen has been refunded for. I've been trying to contact local attorneys that advertise bonding, but "no one is available to take your call". So I will wait until tomorrow and be more insistant. I am told that an attorney can call Lee County and get the information, and can possibly get this done over the phone, as I am home-bound and cannot go downtown. My son is my transportation.
Thanks for your time. I appreciate it.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 9 years ago.

Do you know what your son failed to appear for? If it was for a court case, there had to be a new charge or was it a follow up to his probation because he had to comply with a court order? You should call a bail bond company directly. They will have easier access to the jail system and can provide you with more information about posting a bond on your son.

Related Criminal Law Questions