How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mr. Lofton Your Own Question
Mr. Lofton
Mr. Lofton, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1291
Experience:  25 years experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Mr. Lofton is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have felonies on my record here in north

This answer was rated:

i have felonies on my record here in north carolina. the idiotic things of my youth won''t stop following me. i''m giving up because i know i''m not eligible for expungement, but is there anything on the planet i can do before i jump off a bridge???????
Automatically restored upon completion of sentence, probation and/or parole. For a North Carolina conviction, the agency having jurisdiction over a felon at the time he or she was unconditionally discharged is required to issue a certificate to the clerk of the General Court of Justice in the county where the felon was convicted, and that clerk shall then file the certificate with the original record at no fee. Once this is done, the felon can simply register and vote.

Beyond the foregoing, your remedy seems to be in North Carolina to see a pardon from the Governor, i.e. "Executive Clemency" and I would recommend that you do that. See here:

All the best,
Mr. Lofton and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I've actually had lawyers around here telling me there was absolutely nothing I could do... I know my record is always going to be there, but, thanks to you, I have the NC GS in writing that exlains what can be next. I accept this answer. Thank you, sir.
Glad to help and good luck to you. Cool