How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Girl Your Own Question
Law Girl
Law Girl, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4606
Experience:  I have practiced criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Girl is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an unpaid speeding ticket from out of state.

This answer was rated:

I have an unpaid speeding ticket from out of state. It''s 10 years old, will an attorney help remedy the situation?

Dear jamtthews23:

Thank you for your question.

An attorney that is local to the jurisdiction where you obtained the ticket should be able to help you take care of it. Chances are that in your failure to appear, a bench warrant for your arrest was issued in that state. An attorney knowledgeable in traffic and/or criminal laws should be able to contact the appropriate court, looking into the situation, and explore your options with you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!


Law Girl and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you